4.4.12

Raw Banana-Nut Pie



Need the ultimate post-workout snack? Craving sweets, but know the oreos in the cupboard won't really help anything? Or, just looking for the best snack ever? Yeah, this is it.

I call it my raw banana-nut pie! Yum. I designed this as a deviation from Tera Warner's Raw Carrot Cake Balls! Those, by the way, are also amazing, and I have made them numerous times. Try BOTH!

Two perks: first, it's sugar free. And second, it's absolutely delicious! What more could you want?

Nothing, right? Well, then, I'll throw you a curve ball. Here are just a few more reasons why you should eat the raw carrot cake balls or my raw banana nut pie: the nuts provide 3oz. of protein (equivalent to 6oz. of meat protein), folate, thiamin, vitamin E, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, and fiber; flaxseed provides fiber and omega-3 fats (fabulous because they typically collect in your cell membranes and change cell structures to benefit your heart, so help fight off cardiovascular disease); and the bananas give you potassium, vitamin A, iron, phosphorus. That's just for starters.

So I promise...you won't be disappointed.

Ingredients:
1 c. almonds
1/4 c. walnuts
1/4 c. pecans
6 Medjool dates, pitted
1/4 c. raisins
1 t. coconut oil (try to find the non-hydrogenated kind)
1/4 c. coconut, shredded and unsweetened
2 large over-ripe bananas
chopped or shredded
1 T. ground flaxseed
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. pumpkin spice (optional)
1/2 t. nutmeg
+ additional unsweetened coconut and cinnamon as topping

Directions:
You will need a food processor... or a very strong blender. If you decide to try with a blender, try at your own risk (I have only used with my food processor!). Combine everything with your processor/blender. I then spoon into cups, sprinkle with coconut and cinnamon, cover, and refrigerate. Or just eat right away! It should serve 4, or 2 very generously. Enjoy!

Chef's note:
To make this officially "raw," use raw nuts and make sure to get non-GMO/non-hydrogenated coconut oil. Another note: this snack is VERY filling. So keep that in mind! And lastly: the bananas make the consistency almost "slimy," if you will. Refrigeration for 2-4 hours will help. Personally, I like it that way! Let me know your thoughts, please!!

No comments:

Post a Comment