30.4.12

Quesadilla, chiunque?


So before I discovered my intolerance to lactose, I LOVED quesadillas.
Favorite food by far!
But now I have found something even better.
Cheese-less quesadillas.
Weird, right?!
Cheese seems to mask the fresh flavor and spice.
Don't take my word for it-
Try a vegan quesadilla yourself!

I pack ours full of spice.
My favorite (vegan) quesadilla will include some of the following:

grilled veggie/vegan patties, cut into squares*
diced tomatoes
chopped onion
fresh cilantro
roasted red pepper
chopped red bell pepper
chopped sweet peppers
spinach/romaine (to add AFTER grilled)
chopped jalapeno
avocado/guacamole
homemade salsa
hot sauce
lime juice
minced garlic/garlic powder
ground black pepper
cajun seasoning
mexican chili powder
lemon pepper
...or anything else that sounds good! Be creative!

*Chef's note: for the veggie/vegan patties, I have tried brands like Boca, Amy's, Gardenburger, Morning Star, etc. I like making v. burgers by hand too! But if I am making quesadillas or need something QUICK, then I love going for the "Black Bean Chipotle" by Gardenburger. It just has a lot of flavor and around 90-100 cal. per patty. Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment