29.3.12

Raw Chocolate Ice Cream

Raw Chocolate Ice Cream. Yum. According to my nutrition textbook, this is a great source of potassium, magnesium, folate, vitamin b-6, and monounsaturated fat! So what are you waiting for? Make it!

I based it off an idea from "The Handbook to Going Raw."

Here's a peek at my first batch:

Ingredients:

one avocado
two frozen bananas, sliced
(raw) carob/cocoa powder
(raw) almond milk
a blender

Looks easy enough right? It is. Just throw everything in the blender-- and waahlaah! You have a thick and creamy banana chocolate ice cream that tastes (and is) so good for you. Tip: I also love sprinkling carob/cocoa powder on top for an extra kick of flavor. Enjoy!

Chef's note: Whenever I have bananas starting to brown, I slice them, bag them, and throw them in the freezer. I always have a gallon-size ziplock of frozen banana slices ready for recipes like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment