16.5.12

Recap: Raw Week

raw banana-cocoa smoothie

raw tacos, with cashew-walnut meat

raw banana chips

recap: raw week
So raw week was an adventure-
to say the least.
Surprisingly, it was very easy!
Who woulda thought?

My friend Averill asked if I had craved anything?
And if so, what?
Well, ya know what I told her?
I hadn't craved a thing.
(Except more raw cookie dough...the healthy kind, of course!)

Of course, I have eaten raw before,
but what I discovered this past week was shocking!
Raw food is FUN.
and DELICIOUS,
easy,
and makes me feel just so darn GOOD.

Here are some specifics I learned from eating 100% raw:

1. I had much more energy- more energy to get more things done and more efficiently, more energy to workout (and workout harder), and more energy in general. I felt lighter, happier, and more enthusiastic. My head felt clear.

2. Sleeping was easier. In all honesty, I slept ok before! However, during my raw week, I feel asleep so much easier- and slept so much deeper. I woke up earlier and more refreshed than ever!

3. Cravings went out the window! I tend to crave late-night fatty foods or chocolate. Guess what? Raw week changed all that. I ate RICHER foods and nothing else crossed my mind.

My sis asked about the hush-hush subject: bowels.
Lucky you, I will spare details.
Let's just say...
They improved.

So are you convinced? Will you succumb to the challenge?
Eat raw for one week-
And you won't regret it.

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing! Did Matt join you? Reading about it is actually making my stomach grumble. I think I can do a week and you've inspired me to try. Just from what you wrote, you didn't make the most complex things ever and I think that really helps. Being able to whip up a meal quickly is always encouraging. Way to go Bethabee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty photos, bethy! love the lighting... you're becoming quite the photographer!

    ReplyDelete