16.5.12

Granola, anyone?


You will never guess what I made during last week's "raw week" !
Did my title give it away?!
I whipped up raw granola-
And man, was it good.

In fact, choosingraw.com calls it "The only raw vegan granola recipe you'll ever need!"
It's a good thing I doubled the recipe!

Recipe...doubled:
{yields 6 cups}

2c. soaked and dehydrated buckwheat*
4T. ground flaxseed
2/3c. sunflower seeds
2/3c. pumpkin seeds
2/3c. raisins
2/3c. dried, chopped apples*
2/3c. cup maple syrup (or agave)
2T. coconut oil
4T. water
2t. cinnamon
1t. pumpkin pie spice
1/2t. nutmeg
Dash salt

*Before preparing, I soak raw buckwheat groats in water for approximately one hour. Meanwhile, I chop up enough apples and prepare on dehydrator sheet. Once the groats have soaked for an hour, I drain and rinse, and place on another dehydrator sheet. Set dehydrator to 145 degrees for approximately one hour. Afterwards mix ALL dry ingredients (including buckwheat and apples) in large bowl. Whisk together remaining ingredients in SEPARATE bowl, then pour over dry ingredients. Mix with hands. Dehydrate at 115 for 10-12 hours. It should be that familiar granola texture (slightly "sticky"). Refrigerate. Devour. And make another batch.

PS> Serve warm for breakfast by heating in dehydrator for 10-30 minutes prior to eating. Try adding a smoothie too!

No comments:

Post a Comment